Friday, October 14, 2011

The Very Pink of Perfection

Mehndi or henna parties are just one of the many -- and probably my favorite -- rituals that make up an Indian wedding. A few days before the wedding, the bride and her family get together and throw a party for when she and her bridal party get their henna done. I used to love henna art and had learned how to pipe it when I was younger. I had been itching to incorporate the intricate motifs into some cake art, and was thrilled when I got an order for a Mehndi party/bridal shower!

My guidelines for this cake were to incorporate henna designs into a modern and girly girl cake. So, here's what I came up with, the perfect blend of tradition and plenty of PINK!

The cake is a deep red velvet with ivory cream cheese frosting to keep the theme inside out!







No comments:

Post a Comment