Monday, June 11, 2012

If the Shoe Fits, Eat It!

This weekend I got an order for my first shoe cake. I had so much fun making it! The birthday girl, a fashion blogger and style enthusiast, was super easy to work with. She made me this Pinterest board to give me an idea of the Valentino shoes she wanted me to base it on. I especially loved making the lace, all hand painted of course! 


I had no idea how I was going to make that floaty lace stuff from this shoe, so a little experimentation was in store. I used the same lace, formed it into some loops and twists, and tada!  In the end, I think it worked out great! 


I was also asked to include her name on the box instead of Valentino, surrounded by some gold Valentino studs. 



Check out what she thought of my cake here.

No comments:

Post a Comment