Saturday, April 20, 2013

Princess Periwinkle

Periwinkle has gone princess crazy! Princess cakes have been a very popular demand lately. Little girls love princesses, and I love making these cakes! There's something so enjoyable about recreating things from my childhood. This cake was for a little girl who was turning one. I was asked to make a castle cake with Cinderella and Snow White.


I've been following quite a few cake artists on facebook lately, and it's very daunting and inspirational at the same time to see so much talent! For the first time in my caking endeavour, I bought a tutorial from a cake artist I found on facebook, and based my castle on her work. (The Royal Bakery - check our her work, it's stunning!) It's not something I usually do, seeing as I'm hardheaded and prefer to learn things on my own. But this time, I gave it a shot, and it was totally worthwhile!



No comments:

Post a Comment